King Tuts Wah Wah Hut, Glasgow, 21-October-2017

Post by humphrey » 12 Jun 2017 21:03

King Tuts Wah Wah Hut,
Glasgow,
21-October-2017

http://www.kingtuts.co.uk/frank-and-walters

sir sidney ruff diamond

Post by sir sidney ruff diamond » 29 Jul 2017 23:19

sir_sidney takes great pleasure in announcing that,following the procurement of tickets,he will be attending the forthcoming Glasgow gig.The appropriate travel arrangements have been made for the journey on a northern-bound train with a serial B3 from platform 3 at Darlington railway.
Last edited by sir sidney ruff diamond on 18 Oct 2017 19:47, edited 1 time in total.

Robbie Williams
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Post by Robbie Williams » 16 Oct 2017 19:40

Let the fun and games commence! See you in Glasgow!

sir sidney ruff diamond

Post by sir sidney ruff diamond » 18 Oct 2017 20:11

Yeah,hope you are one of many die-hards there who will help to create a great atmosphere.In addition I'm sure Saturday will be a night for many first-timers to see the light!!

Interested to see what kind of set-list we are in for.Does the anniversary mean we will get the full-on Grand Parade? That would be awesome as it was that record the confirmed the magic of the band for me - I was all-in after that.

Really would like to hear what seem to be 2 lesser played numbers,Mrs Xavier and I Suppose but whatever is played we know we are in for great night.

Greatbear29

Post by Greatbear29 » 22 Oct 2017 13:55

Great gig last night. Took my son who was a Frank and Walters virgin and he really enjoyed it but why so short and whats with going off after 45 mins initially. Couldnt help feeling a little short changed.

sir sidney ruff diamond

Post by sir sidney ruff diamond » 22 Oct 2017 19:35

I wasn't sure if there was a particular purpose to the break but if I remember correctly it came at the end of the Grand Parade set,Colours being the final tune.

For myself it was an opportunity to nip to the toilet without missing too much.

I also thought it was a little on the short side,it seemed maybe 2or 3 songs shorter than the Borderline gig last year.

The banter between the lads was great and added to the atmosphere.

It was an unbelievable performance though and the place was bouncing by the end after being a little subdued initially.

If I am not mistaken the played the Grand Parade set list in reverse order.Maybe this was what Paul referred to when he said they were trying something different.

All in all 20 odd years on,nothing has changed,still the best band ever.

Corkfan

Post by Corkfan » 27 Oct 2017 07:40

Eventually got to see the franks in King Tuts,Nice to hear Grand Parade played in full, Saturday Night was my favourite, Nice to meet up with everyone again,