Admin

Eclectic Pinknic,Tipperary, 6-May

Post by humphrey » 04 May 2017 14:36

Eclectic Pinknic,
Flanagans on the Lake,
Tipperary,
6-May

FREE ADMISSION

Download "Put on the Pink Ribbon" in aid of the Irish Cancer Society!

A teacher in Tipperary is hoping that he can get his charity single to the top of the charts this summer.

Chris Stoodley, a teacher working in an ASD unit in Portroe NS, Tipperary, co-wrote the song "Put on the Pink Ribbon" with Monika Fallon and is releasing if for download in the hopes of a chart hit that will raise funds for the Irish Cancer Society. Chris, a former contestant on the Voice of Ireland, previously performed the song at the Pink Ribbon Walk in Killaloe in County Clare - a major fundraiser for the Society. He has now recorded the track with his band Boho, made up of Monika Fallon, Norma Manly, Cathal Reynolds, Mike O’Brien and Sean Cunningham - all from Killaloe and Ballina in County Tipperary - and also local choir, The Gunas.

The single will be available to download from iTunes and Spotify from Friday May 5th for €1.50 and Chris is hopeful that it will claim the number one spot in the Irish charts the following Friday.

He said, “Five months ago my daughter was born, so now I have a precious daughter, wife, mother, sister and nan in my life – all very important women and the reason why I want to support women with breast cancer. A charity single has never made it to number one outside of the festive period so I’m hoping we can get to the top of the chart and raise important funds to support people affected by breast cancer through the work of the Irish Cancer Society.”

As part of the launch of the single, Chris is organising an Eclectic Pinknic Festival at Flanagans on the Lake in Ballina/Killaloe on Saturday May 6th from 2pm where the song will be performed as part of a fantastic line-up of musical acts including The Frank and Walters. There will also be entertainment at the family-friendly event, including golf target shooting, a landscape art competition, zorbing on water, face painting, raffle and auction. Thanks to Paul Sheeran for playing piano and to Joe from Pine Valley Studios in Killaloe, who recorded this song for free and also donated a day's recording for the Open Mic Competition.

Pictured left to right are Mike O'Brien, Chris Stoodley, Nicola Woods, Cathal Quinn (owner of Flanagans), Annette Neill, Cathal Reynolds, Monika Fallon and Norma Manly.

Free Admission
Kid Friendly
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KitKat404

Post by KitKat404 » 06 May 2017 09:25

Any idea what time they're on?

KitKat404

Post by KitKat404 » 07 May 2017 13:27

This was a really cool fundraising event for the Irish Cancer Society. Killaloe-Ballina is this beautiful place where Co. Clare and Co. Tipp are separated by a bridge.

There was lots going on during the day. There was a guy called Scotty Knemeyer doing this mad water sport thing which I think is called Waterflight. Incredible stuff. He had water jet packs on his feet and was doing these amazing acrobatics. Funniest bit was seeing him head home afterwards across the lake.

Before and after the Franks, there were some excellent local artists on and a wonderful buzz around. The organiser has brought out a catchy single called Put on the Pink Ribbon, the proceeds of which go to The Irish Cancer Society. It’s well worth the 1.50 download.

The set was amazing as usual. It was probably the first gig they’ve played where the stage was decorated by pink bras. The sound was fantastic and it was great to be outdoors. We got ourselves a nice spot on the lawn. Sung along to every bit, I mean every bit… lyrics, guitar solos, the works…. Sorry to the folk standing near us.

Tony Cochrane, Stages, Fashion Crisis, Plenty Times, We are the Young Men, Indie Love Song, Goddess, How can I exist, The Model, Circumstance, After All, Colours, This is not a Song, Encore : The Parson and Michael. I’m forgetting a few.

The dancing really kicked off for After All. Lots of people went down the front. We joined them once Colours started. Once they started dancing, they didn’t stop. They danced through Colours, This is not a Song, The Parson and Michael. I was exhausted by the end! There was a great atmosphere though, lovely people.

All in all, it was memorable day, a great surprise and a brilliant way to kick off the summer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.