Admin
Admin

The Borderline, London, 09-09-2016

Post by humphrey » 25 Mar 2016 15:08

The Borderline
London
09-September-2016

Age Restrictions: 14+ Show.
Limitations: Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult over 18 at all times.
Doors Open: 7pm
Curfew: 10.30pm

https://www.stargreen.com/the-frank-walters.html/

Robbie Williams
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Post by Robbie Williams » 25 Mar 2016 22:11

You beauty! After missing the last London gig I won't be missing this one!

ShepGlos

Post by ShepGlos » 11 May 2016 19:42

Didn't think we'd be able to do it but after such a great show in Dublin booked the coach up for a short London visit. Got to get back to Victoria Coach Station for 23.59 but should be fine.

mjellis77

Post by mjellis77 » 29 Aug 2016 10:51

I'm offering x2 tickets for £35 - face value around £45. Massive Franks Fan but I'm unable to go because of illness - would like to see them go to real fans. Email me if interested [email protected] thanks

sir sidney ruff diamond

Post by sir sidney ruff diamond » 04 Sep 2016 15:43

A matter of days till the big event and I thought it might be time for a long time lurker to put something out there.

First of all,I am absolutely buzzing for the gig as this isn't simply a band I am a fan of,this is THE band as far as i'm concerned.

A brief history - I was pretty much hooked after a few listens of Trains,Boats and Planes.

Didn't manage to get to see the band live til around 2000 when Glass had been recently released.The venue was the Cornerhouse in Middlesbrough and I attended along with 3 or 4 friends who I had managed to convert into fans.

The gig was superb,had a couple of beers too many and my friends and I spent the whole night stagefront acting like loons probably to the bemusement of the rest of the crowd who had the subdued behaviour of a more casual listener

After the gig was over I was looking for the toilets and in my alcohol induced fug I managed to somehow stumble into the dressing room!

Faced with this opportunity I proceeded to engage my heros in a memorable conversation full of wit,charm of allaround top banter on my part - except I didn't - what really happened was I was awestruck and mumbled a few unintelligible words and the stumbled away into the Teesside moonlight,my one chance to make any sort of connection blown.

Fifteen or so years later during which my passion for the bands music has never wavered,they are still THE band in my eyes,I decided I was long overdue Gig No.2,this time solo as my band of merry men had drifted aimlessly into lives filled with responsability.

The term criminally underrated is criminally overused but not in the Franks' case.For my money there is no other band who combines the immediacy of there tunes with staying power.

Avoiding the usual tour/album treadmill over the years seems to have helped maintain a freshness in there work.Consistently though they have produced songs full of magical,quirky brilliance.

Just counting down the hours till Friday now and I hope everyone who attends has as good a time as I know I will.

Robbie Williams
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Post by Robbie Williams » 04 Sep 2016 18:19

See you there Sir!

johncarroll

Post by johncarroll » 06 Sep 2016 22:22

Great post Ruf Diamond

sir sidney ruff diamond

Post by sir sidney ruff diamond » 08 Sep 2016 19:51

If anyone is interested I have a spare ticket,still attending myself but a mate couldn't make it.Would be a real shame if no-one could take advantage.Would like to see it go to a good home with maybe a couple of beers thrown in!

Twofrom each album wishlist for tommorrow

1.Trainspotters/Daisy Chain
2.I Suppose/Mrs.Xavier
3.Let Me Know/Stop
4.Paradise/Ancestors
5.Learn to Love Mself/Fight
6.Berlin/Trust in the Future
7.Stages/We are the Young Men

and 2 non-album tracks
Restraint/Michael

sir sidney ruff diamond

Post by sir sidney ruff diamond » 16 Sep 2016 19:21

Well a week has passed since the gig and what a night it was.From the opening Tony Cochrane to the closer Michael(if i remember correctly)with no let up in between.Just a fantastic night at a perfect venue.

Only 4 off my wishlist played including the 2 singles but that can't be classed as a disappointment with such a strong back catalogue.A good mix of stuff from across the bands lifespan but nothing from Glass if i'm not mistaken.Thats some band that can leave such a awesome collection of songs under wraps!

Said a quick hello to very approachable Paul after the gig and he came across as a top bloke,really humble.

The weekend,which was initiated by the gig,cost me a fortune but was worth every penny.If there are any more planned for London I'll be there at the drop of a hat and if not I might have a trip across the water.

Today,as much as ever,this is a band that deserves to be heard by as many people as possible.Let's spread the word!

duerson

Post by duerson » 17 Sep 2016 10:15

Loved every minute of that gig but it's a bit of a blur. Does anyone remember the set list?

sir sidney ruff diamond

Post by sir sidney ruff diamond » 17 Sep 2016 22:02

I'll have a bash but no chance with the correct order

This is not a Song
Walters Trip
After All
Fashion Crisis
Colours ?
Indian Ocean ?
How can I exist
Tony Cochrane
Plenty Times
Time we said goodnight
Michael
Teenage Kicks
Miles and Miles?
City Lights
We are the Young Men
Stages
Goddess of Athena

I mentioned before nothing from Glass but I just realised nothing from Greenwich Mean Time either?

Please feel free to correct me on this

TomW16

Post by TomW16 » 21 Sep 2016 12:01

Circumstance and Somewhere in the City were in there too!!!

ash
The Drummer
The Drummer

Post by ash » 04 Oct 2016 10:54

Borderline Set List (for those too drunk to remember!!!)
Tony Cochrane
Miles & Miles
Stages
Somewhere in the City
Fashion Crisis hits New York
Plenty Times
Goddess of Athena
Circumstance
How can I Exist
The Model (cover)
We are the Young Men
Walters Trip