Cork accom / nightlife

General Chat
LadyDonnington

Cork accom / nightlife

Post by LadyDonnington » 12 Aug 2013 19:13

Hi everyone !

I'm finally taking the plunge and booking a weekend away to Cork with a couple of friends for my birthday the first weekend in Oct and I thought I had seen some recommendations on here for places to stay & things to do but I can't find owt :shock: !

So, can anyone give us some tips please? Need relatively cheapish accom for 3 of us and the best indie night for at least one of the nights... if not both (Fri & Sat of course) :wink:

Be even better if the lads can play a wee gig whilst I'm there (bended knees begging)! I did ask Paul, jokingly, in Glasgow and he thought it would be possible... Even if it's just an acoustic jobbie, I don't mind... :D
This is my last weekend off work before xmas and before I start studying again, so I need to make sure it's a good one! :lol:

Happy to hear any suggestions!
Cheers :)

peterdwyer

Post by peterdwyer » 02 Sep 2013 10:23

Hi.
you'll enjoy yourself here in Cork no matter where you go i think. The city is tiny in UK terms and really easy to walk around and some great pubs/food.
I haven't been to a nightclub in a long while to be honest so no idea if there are indie nights, but the pubs have late opening and lots of live music in them.
I've had people stay at this hotel and they all liked it. ambassadorhotel.ie not expensive and a short walk into town.
If you do book a stay, I'm sure all the Cork members on here can recommend a few pubs for you... and things to see.

go for it.
P

LadyDonnington

Post by LadyDonnington » 14 Sep 2013 18:29

peterdwyer wrote:Hi.
you'll enjoy yourself here in Cork no matter where you go i think. The city is tiny in UK terms and really easy to walk around and some great pubs/food.
I haven't been to a nightclub in a long while to be honest so no idea if there are indie nights, but the pubs have late opening and lots of live music in them.
I've had people stay at this hotel and they all liked it. ambassadorhotel.ie not expensive and a short walk into town.
If you do book a stay, I'm sure all the Cork members on here can recommend a few pubs for you... and things to see.

go for it.
P
Cheers for your response Pete :). I PM'd Sig and he gave me some good tips for pubs etc. We're staying at the Garnish as we've got one of their apartment rooms which suits us better than a standard B&B/hotel.

Was hoping for a response from the locals! But no more seem forthcoming with their suggestions, as yet ;p
However, as you said, we will have a grand time regardless, and also staying in Dublin for a night too before a late flight home on the Monday :D

ash
The Drummer
The Drummer

Post by ash » 14 Sep 2013 18:50

When you coming over? Will try get out for a few pints :D

LadyDonnington

Post by LadyDonnington » 14 Sep 2013 21:07

4/5 oct & that'd be grand! :D
Sig advised of your 'local' so sure we can find our way to that!
Anyway, I still need to get a TBP remastered CD off ya ;-)
Twee geek ... and proud of it! ;-)

http://twitter.com/LadyDonnington