Seeking Adminstrator Permission to...

Discuss The Frank And Walters
whooptiboy

Seeking Adminstrator Permission to...

Post by whooptiboy » 20 Sep 2015 23:46

I recently bought the “Underground” 7” and was able to convert the otherwise unavailable rare b-side “Rock and Roll” into an MP3. I’m presuming there are many newer fans out there who may not otherwise get a chance to hear this track so I’m seeking permission to post a download link on the forum. I don’t know if the administrator(s) here have connections with the band (being new here, for all I know they may be with the band?) nor am I forum savvy enough to figure out how to contact the administrator otherwise so I thought I’d make my request this way. I wouldn’t want to do anything that would upset the lads who have been so kind as to bring nothing but peace and joy to my existence with their amazing music and so will not post a link until I hear back.

Quite the atypical track for the Franks , btw. The best comparison I can think to make for those who haven’t heard it is a slowed down “Country Boy”. Definitely one of the grittiest tracks in their repertoire.

As a side note, being a Canadian, I don’t recall ever hearing the Franks played over here and I have always been a huge fan/seeker of UK Indie and Alternative music. The only track I had heard prior to a year ago was the I’m a Believer cover on Ruby Trax . Having spied “Fashion Crisis” and After All” on some year end lists I came across on the web led me to give them a spin without knowing a thing about them. Oh what I’ve been missing all these years!

humphrey
Admin
Admin

Post by humphrey » 21 Sep 2015 23:16

hi you could try sending them a message on facebook...

whooptiboy

Post by whooptiboy » 22 Sep 2015 23:04

that would involve the same presumption...that band members run their own facebook page...but I could give it a try....thanks!

Sig

Post by Sig » 01 Oct 2015 13:18

Yes, Cian runs the Facebook page

Welcome aboard
Always remember, there is nothing worth sharing,
Like the love that let us share our name.

paulinhio

Post by paulinhio » 04 Oct 2015 21:19

Sorry to be pedantic, but you do know they're not from the UK?! Jeez, you Yanks... ;-)