King Tuts,
Glasgow,
March 8th

Re: King Tuts, Glasgow, March 8th

02 Jan 2013 18:25

Fantastic. See you there!

02 Jan 2013 21:10

I think I'll pop up to Scotland for this one. The recent gig in King Tuts with Carter was amazing!

06 Jan 2013 22:21

King tuts again and just after my birthday . Brilliant !

07 Jan 2013 18:58

Brilliant! A friday night as well! Any excuse to go out afterwards :lol: We def need to make sure Rory gets to see Glasgow properly this time eh? :wink:

I might even be tempted to try the night bus from Killie so that I can have a drink for a change instead of driving or kipping at a mates in Glasgow (even if I have a 2500 word (v. important!) final assignment due in on the 14th! - you know, priorities and all... ummmm) :roll:

07 Jan 2013 19:01

07 Jan 2013 19:24

My only request is for Underground please please please please please! I'd LOVE to hear this one played live as it's a brilliant pop song!

19 Jan 2013 21:18

humphrey wrote:

As a tip - if you don't wanna pay extortionate fees (£3.50?!) and you can get them in person, they're a tenner in cash from Tuts! I know, I picked mine up today whilst I was up Glasgow :P

16 Feb 2013 21:01

I'm getting excited, not long now! First Franks gig of the year!

19 Feb 2013 21:57

Robbie , not working on this day now so hopefully will be over to Glasgow a bit earlier for this one !

21 Feb 2013 22:16

Steve M wrote:Robbie , not working on this day now so hopefully will be over to Glasgow a bit earlier for this one !

A bit earlier? Ah just to start the drinking I'll guess?! ;-) Door's aren't till 8:30 !!

But yes, 2 weeks to go!

Is it worth asking if people want to try and meet up beforehand?? I should be able to get to Tut's for around 8 as I've gotta meet a mate in Rufus' first.

26 Feb 2013 04:43

Guessed right !!! Just a few anyway !! I'm up for that and as I said should make it through earlyish . Usually I come running in last minute !

26 Feb 2013 04:55

Turning 37 in a few days time and (a bit sad I know ) , but worked out that this will be my 28th franks gig, ...starting back in 1992 (Still maybe sad I know ) !!!.
Think I might know someone who might beat this easily !!!

26 Feb 2013 22:43

Steve M wrote:Turning 37 in a few days time and (a bit sad I know ) , but worked out that this will be my 28th franks gig, ...starting back in 1992 (Still maybe sad I know ) !!!.
Think I might know someone who might beat this easily !!!

Wow, you're lucky! This is only the 3rd time I've seen them do their own gig :shock: and 4 times supporting, thanks to being too young or too skint to see them in the early 90s (and then them disappearing for 3 years when I finally had the money to see them and then hardly playing in England outside of London in the 00s).

You've NO idea how frustrating it was for me sat at home listening to Norwich Sound City when I was just 20 miles away and couldn't go to a single one of those gigs thanks to looking 12 years old when I was 16! [having said that, people think I'm in my mid-20s now, so I'm not complaining too much!] THEN the Franks played on my 17th birthday just after I moved to Birmingham in '92, but I had NO money to go (this was before I found the trick of going along to sound checks, befriending bands and blagging guest list places :lol: )

Anyway... Meeting up with someone from my gig meetup group in the main bar around 8, will probably congregate by the entrance door or corner perhaps... Just look for a small reddish-haired girl in a fluffy blue coat! :D Then again, you might remember what I look like from last Glasgow gig? Robbie possibly does, not that I remember speaking to him ! :oops:
Be nice to actually put some faces to names this time around! :wink:

03 Mar 2013 21:41

Not long now! Steve, I'll text you when I'm ready to hit the beers!

Lady D and everyone else, shall we meet in the main bar at 8pm....

Plenty Times on the set list please!

04 Mar 2013 10:27

Michael , plenty times , daisy chain and please open with trust in the future again !!! Opened with this at king tuts last time and thought it just sounded magic !!! Great opening track !

All good for the meet up !

04 Mar 2013 19:00

... and Underground !!!!!

Angela Cray would be rather nice to hear too as would Ancestors, but I think that might be asking a bit too much! :P

Steve - what do you look like?!

I might be a wee bit late but I'll definitely be there shortly after 8 hopefully!

After a full week of assignment writing ahead of me & last 2 weeks with no drink, I am going to be ready for a much more fun evening !

04 Mar 2013 21:16

Not long to go now! It would be good to see you folks there. I'll be there with my girlfriend and hopefully a few others by 8pm. Will be around by the bar and then as near to the stage as I can! J

05 Mar 2013 12:21

Just to get in the mood .... footage i took from king tuts gig 6 years ago believe it or not !!!
http://youtu.be/sLarWpFm1Ic

06 Mar 2013 22:24

Great video Steve! The lads looked like they were on top form that night!