The Ruby Lounge, Manchester, November 03rd

The Ruby Lounge, Manchester, November 03rd

26 Apr 2012 15:20

Trains, Boats And Planes 20th anniversary tour

http://www.therubylounge.com/index.php/ ... rsary-show

Re: The Ruby Lounge, Manchester, November 03rd

18 Sep 2012 21:28

Just got my ticket today :D going to head down from Glasgow, any shouts on where is decent to stay overnight?
J

20 Sep 2012 20:02

jhickey wrote:Just got my ticket today :D going to head down from Glasgow, any shouts on where is decent to stay overnight?
J

Clean, quiet and very cheap :D
http://www.etaphotel.com/gb/hotel-6003-ibis-budget-manchester-salford-quays-previously-etap-hotel/index.shtml

22 Oct 2012 20:57

Thanks Ash, sound!:)

04 Nov 2012 19:56

I thought the London gig would be hard to beat on this tour but Manchester last night was AMAZING! Great crowd in, loads of banter and jokes from the lads, fantastic set list and far too many beers and sambukas afterwards! It was one of those nights where the band fed of the crowd and the crowd fed off the vibes from the band and it spiralled into one of the best ever Franks gigs!

One of the many highlights was the 12", extended, remixed, re-mastered version of We are the F&W, it went on for ages! Great to hear The Model again (sorry Skinny!) and the lads weren't allowed off stage before they played a final rip roaring encore of Michael!

It's all building up nicely for the gigs with Carter next week!

04 Nov 2012 21:17

Thought the Franks were superb last night in Manchester. One of the best gigs I've been to in ages. Would have been nice if a few more Mancs could have turned out to welcome you, but everyone there seemed to love it. I brought two mates that haven't seen (or heard much of) the Franks before and they both said it was excellent too.
10/10 :D And cheers for the Stockport shout!

By the way, does anyone have a set list? The old memory is a bit hazy these days, or it could have been the beers.

05 Nov 2012 22:35

Set List was.....
John & Sue
Fashion Crisis
Trainspotters
Bake Us A Song
High Is Low
Walters Trip
This Is Not A Song
After All
Happy Busman
Daisy Chain
Time
How Can I Exist
Plenty Times
The Model
Colours

05 Nov 2012 22:47

thank you kindly :) I was sure I rememberd 'How can I exist' in there. That was the highlight for me. Wonderful stuff. Definitely not gonna leave it 16 years before I come and see yous live again. I fancy a trip to Cork :D :P

05 Nov 2012 22:55

duerson wrote:thank you kindly :) I was sure I rememberd 'How can I exist' in there. That was the highlight for me. Wonderful stuff. Definitely not gonna leave it 16 years before I come and see yous live again. I fancy a trip to Cork :D :P

Savoy on December 29th would be the one to go to :mrgreen:

06 Nov 2012 21:34

Wow, I knew Manchester was epic but 19 songs, 20 if you count the 12", extended, remixed, re-mastered version of We are the F&W. Amazing set! Hope Paul's voice has recovered for King Tuts!