What am I missing from Discography?

24 Aug 2007 09:59

Ahh - its a promo. We'll never know how many promos went out over the years.

I thought I had all the "official" singles, which I believe I still do now. Thanks!

BTW if anyone has a spare copy of the How Can I Exist promo, I'll buy it off them.

17 Sep 2007 15:12

I've not had any luck in even seeing a second hand listing for Grand Parade on Vinyl or Colours single on 7" vinyl. Both of these are listed in the ultimate discography but there is a question mark beside the catalog number of both of them. Setanta say that Grand Parade was never issued on vinyl and I am beginning to think the same must be true for colours. Does anyone know if these exist or not?

17 Sep 2007 15:21

cliffcake wrote:I've not had any luck in even seeing a second hand listing for Grand Parade on Vinyl or Colours single on 7" vinyl. Both of these are listed in the ultimate discography but there is a question mark beside the catalog number of both of them. Setanta say that Grand Parade was never issued on vinyl and I am beginning to think the same must be true for colours. Does anyone know if these exist or not?

Well Paul told me Grand Parade was never issued on vinyl, not sure about Colours

17 Sep 2007 17:53

GP nevre came out on vinyl ..... and I have never seen anywhere a vinyl version fo colours ... there was a cd, limited edition cd with 3 songs and not sure what format 3 was ... if any .... the marketing ad would tell you what fornats it came out in ... I'm off to the Simple Times website to find out!!!:;):

17 Sep 2007 18:07

http://www.idiot-dog.com/img.cgi?simple-times/images/Colours-sticker.jpg

this will show u that it was only cd!!

17 Sep 2007 18:12

Colours official launch details

C5: 1996.08.19 UK Setanta (Go! Discs) SETCD051 (num. ltd. ed. of 5,000)
Colours
Surrender To Win
You Asked Me

C5: 1996.08.19 UK Go! Discs (Setanta) HOOCD 7 (850 705-2)
7": 1996.08.19 UK Go! Discs (Setanta) HOO 7?
Colours
Surrender To Win
You Asked Me
Last Train Home

C5: 1996 UK Go! Discs SETCDR051 (promo, p/b die-cut p/s)
3'17 Colours
3'03 Surrender To Win
3'34 You Asked Me

03 Oct 2007 23:02

Have been searching for the hand-coloured promo of Fashion Crisis since I first posted this topic - without success. I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get a copy? I'm expecting a resounding NO but you never know ...

04 Oct 2007 09:12

C

Robbie Williams has a version ...... mmm .... again, these will be sitting in someones attic ..

Re: What am I missing from Discography?

23 Feb 2013 20:58

Some good franks stuff on ebay right now if anyone is collecting. Not mine, I have them already, so fill your boots...
Daisy chain promo 7”
& We are Flexi disc

Both rarely/never on there...
2 separate listings. Good luck.

23 Feb 2013 22:54

I was looking for some other records and I was amazed to find my 1993 F&W Wall Planner still folded up all neatly inside the After All 12"! I'd totally forgotten all about it.

Love the fact that Paul has 4 birthdays listed through the year :lol:

I'm pretty sure I've still got the Setanta compilation cassette they made in 1992 too, as that's what introduced me to the Divine Comedy and Brian! Used to enjoy corresponding with Ferg when I'd save up my pocket money to buy the Franks' 12" I couldn't get in the local record shop!

15 Mar 2013 18:12

BTW, I don't know whether it's worth mentioning, but the Spanish version of 'A Renewed Interest...' has 'Changed my Way of Thinking'... as a hidden track at the end. Obviously, as I have the Spanish CD (funnily enough, bought in Spain at the Benicassim festival in 2007! :P ) I don't know if the UK release has the same bonus track?
I only realised after I bought the Fight single and the song came on and I realised I already knew it!

30 Oct 2014 13:58

Picked up a hand painted 7 inch version of Fashion Crisis on eBay recently.

Still missing my copy of City Lights if anyone has a spare...

$_12.JPG
You must LOGIN or REGISTER to access these files.