Time - Live on Dave Fanning - Early 90s

Time - Live on Dave Fanning - Early 90s

03 Nov 2013 00:55

Hi All,

As you can see - this is my first post. I'm hoping someone can help me - every now and again over the last few years I search for this particular version of TIme, but without success. Back in the early 90's, I guess after Trains came out (i'm assuming), the Franks were on Dave Fanning - who was the guru of everything alternative at the time (as i'm sure you all well know) - and they played a number of live acoustic songs. Time was one of the songs - and I remember being blown away by it - esp the quality of the vocal. I actually recorded at the time - on cassette tape of course - and remember listening to it a lot as a teenager. Of course, now twenty years on, i'm without it! I had some vague recollection that it became a B side to some single - but that could just be in my head. Does anyone know the version i'm referring to? And, by any chance, would anyone have a copy?

I saw them lately in the Savoy in Cork - tight as always - very enjoyable gig.

Hoping somebody can help me out - thanks in advance!

N

Re: Time - Live on Dave Fanning - Early 90s

03 Nov 2013 10:28

Hi Nimrod, welcome aboard!

The version you are after is a b-side on the Fashion crisis singles, it's on both the 7" vinyl version (HOO5) and CD1 or the 2 CD set (HOOCD5). Recorded live on the Dave Fanning show in Feb 1993! Both the CD and vinyl versions are currently available on ebay for between £2-£4!
Enjoy!

Robbie

Re: Time - Live on Dave Fanning - Early 90s

04 Nov 2013 02:09

Thanks a million Robbie - that's great - I'll definitely grab one of those on ebay - looking forward to hearing it - and that it sounds as good as I remember it! Thank again.
N