GMT CD/Vinyl

GMT CD/Vinyl

13 Mar 2012 18:46

Hi All,

Just thought I'd do a post to let everyone know what's happening with the physical copies of GMT.

We're taking delivery of the first batch of CD's and Vinyl on Friday in England. These will be available at the first four UK shows. The ones we don't sell will be coming back to Ireland on March 25th so I can start posting them out on Monday March 26th.

I will put these up for sale from next Tuesday on ebay. If you don't have paypal you can contact me here by pm and I'll arrange to get a copy to you.

We have decided to bypass the shops for the moment for a number of reasons. Firstly we are still owed a lot of money from one of the bigger chains and as their big and we're small we have no chance of getting it back. Secondly the big chains do a sale or return deal which means they charge you for the copies you don't sell when they return them to you. The upshot of this is that some shops deliberately order more then they will sell. This means you can sell 100 albums but if they've ordered 500 from you they will return 400 and you end up owing them money! Which is obviously complete bollox!

Once we sell the first batch we will stock the independent shops.

At the moment these are the shops that will be getting stock

Cork-Plugged Records
Dublin-Tower
Galway-Wingnut Records
Waterford-Wingnut Records
Liverpool-Probe
London-Rough Trade (both shops)

I'm due to stock these, presuming the first batch sells out, on April 09th. The reason we need to get paid direct for the initial pressing of the LP is so we can finish paying for the recording and fund the upcoming tours and future singles. I was hoping to be able to offer people an alternative to the digital release last week but getting the vinyl held up everything by about a week and I didn't want to start selling online until I knew for sure they were manufactured. Apologies for that.

Just a quick question, anyone who's buying the vinyl, would you prefer it to be shipped with a promo CD of the album or get a code for an MP3 download? Let me know as I need to get promo's re-done if we go down that route.

Just got the first sales figures back from iTunes and it seems to be going well around the world, this is with no pr so it's all word of mouth at the moment. Thanks so much for spreading the word. I'll post up the sales sheet later, it makes interesting reading.

Thanks again people!

Ash

Re: GMT CD/Vinyl

13 Mar 2012 19:52

Thanks for update. Would love Vinyl with promo CD.

13 Mar 2012 21:05

Below is the iTunes sales report for the first three days. Just hit over the 1,000 mark. I'd particularly like to welcome Estonia, Cape Verde and India to the party, never noticed sales from there before!!! 36 countries but still 160 to go!!! If you know anyone in these 160 could you please tell them to buy the record as we want a complete list by the end of the year :D

OK, now for the hard bit. Who wants to work out how many different time zones we've clocked up a sale in? I'll start you off......

GMT.......
You must LOGIN or REGISTER to access these files.

13 Mar 2012 21:39

Hi Ash,

I would definitely prefer a Promo CD copy with the vinyl, Top class in getting vinyl pressed up,

The amount of different downloads around the world is brilliant, An Asian Tour !!! 45 downloads in Japan

cheers

Si

13 Mar 2012 22:47

Cheers for the update Ash.
Hopefully I can pick up a vinyl copy, a cd copy and a promo cd copy from you on Friday so I have the whole set!
Interesting to see the UK sales are slightly higher than the Irish sales!
Do you also get figures from Amazon as me plus others I know downloaded it from there.

See you in Leeds on Friday, looking forward to the first plays of the new tunes in the UK!!

Robbie

13 Mar 2012 23:30

Robbie Williams wrote:Cheers for the update Ash.
Hopefully I can pick up a vinyl copy, a cd copy and a promo cd copy from you on Friday so I have the whole set!
Interesting to see the UK sales are slightly higher than the Irish sales!
Do you also get figures from Amazon as me plus others I know downloaded it from there.

See you in Leeds on Friday, looking forward to the first plays of the new tunes in the UK!!

Robbie

Amazon takes a while to come through. See you Friday Robbie, sound checking about 6

14 Mar 2012 04:47

Fantastic news on the physical CDs!

14 Mar 2012 09:59

My record player is gathering dust in a lock up... so no vinyl copy for me...boo hoo.

Will be online getting a CD from you as soon as I'm back from holiday. Can't believe I'm out of the country for the UK tour... bad timing.

Hopefully they'll still be a few up on Ebay by the Sunday night!

Tip top

Dickie

14 Mar 2012 12:21

I'll get myself a CD on Friday.

14 Mar 2012 18:13

Dear Ash,

Will CD format be in jewel case or digipack? I really prefer Jewel Case format...

All the best...

15 Mar 2012 23:03

Ash, i would love a vinyl copy with either a promo cd or mp3 not fussy, just really want the vinyl!!

15 Mar 2012 23:06

oops, just reread that, ill order via ebay next tuesday 20th then Ash, cheers john

16 Mar 2012 18:53

Anticpation for the Leeds gig is building up. The new album is top drawer. Looking forward to getting my grubby northern hands on a physical copy in a matter of hours.
Good luck to the boys.

19 Mar 2012 10:16

Picked mine up from the nice man on the Merch Stall at Leeds on Friday night :)

Ian.

19 Mar 2012 10:50

I would love a vinyl copy with a promo cd- if that is possible? (have the mp3 from iTunes already)
Congrats, another great album.

20 Mar 2012 14:59

Right, it's Tuesday and I've just looked on ebay and can't see any CDs for sale. Maybe you could post a link when they're available? Then we'd also know the £/€ was going to the band rather than anyone unscrupulously selling promo copies or anything.

20 Mar 2012 15:11

they will be for sale right here on this site today....

ill keep ye posted

edit :

shop here : shop.php

20 Mar 2012 15:26

Humphrey - thanks for that.

I think MP3s are grand - but it is nice to have a physical copy.

20 Mar 2012 22:52

That's brilliant. Just about to buy it now. If you feel like adding anything else to the shop, like some of those old skool Franks t-shirts I'll buy em all!! My long sleeve orange 'Who's the Langer in the Franks t-shirt' is now getting a little thin in places. Not surprising I suppose given that it's 20 years old!!

20 Mar 2012 23:43

yeah, i second that, lets get some t-shirts up there!